Sunday, June 18, 2006

Back roads of Karnataka

  
Went out with my buddy Donny on a ride this Fathers' day morning. We cut through to old Madras road, went out to Hosakote, and then a bit north from there. My bike didn't like how fast we were riding so we took a break at a very old stone bus stop. Then in a brilliant thought we took some back roads in the area. I wouldn't have done this had I been alone, but with a buddy along, it was fine. We ran across some cool stuff I didn't get photos of, but hope to return later and get some snaps.

At one point the road made a sharp turn left, then right up onto a berm where it became this small path around some farmer's field. It was as if the big Karnataka road-building machine ran into someone who couldn't be bribed off (yet).

I gave a hearty "Namaskaara" to the lady as she passed with her load, but I think her mouth was too full of betel to reply.

No comments: