Monday, January 14, 2008

Another 3 month sentence -- my fifth in a row.

After probably another 10 hours of work on my part over the course of 3 months hassling and hammering on our HR department to actually do something, I submitted the paperwork for a visa extension (against my better judgment at the time actually). Then I was given the pleasure of dragging the family downtown (90 mins in the traffic) to be "seen" (not questioned or quizzed) by several bureaucrats for signatures (while generous amounts of money changed hands behind the scenes I promise). Then another few days to wait while said bureaucrats decided what to do with me. I was granted permission to stay here in India for another 3 months.

The joy. The thrill. The emotional outburst that it brings.

This is now the 5th time these folks at the immigration consultancy have told me they were getting a one year visa.

You can imagine how pleased I am with the "service" they are providing.

Aw crap, and I thought I was going to be "happy" on this blog again. Arrrgh. It's just that it's therapeutic to rant it all out!

As Rocky would say: Next time for sure!

No comments: